A Honda ATV is the ultimate work mate. Each is built with the quality, technology and reliability that only Honda can inject, and will last for years, providing unstoppable service in all conditions and weathers.
The Fourtrax 420 is the all-round ATV and Honda’s best seller. Its combination of class leading power, easy-to-manage size and affordability make it the perfect choice for all sorts of duty, and a variety of model variants – starting with a fast and agile 2wd base model – make finding the perfect Fourtrax a straightforward task.
For 2014 Honda has taken its do-everything ATV back to the drawing board, improving its performance, reliability and all-round ability with an all-new chassis and host of technical upgrades.
Updates in brief
- Totally new frame, swingarm and longer travel front and rear suspension.
- Front and rear suspension adjustable for spring preload.
- Rear brake located inside rear wheel.
- Swingarm pivot rubber bushings
- Increased ACG output
- Plastic CV joint boots and sealed steering knuckle bearings.
- Redesigned bodywork maintains rider protection.
- Comfort has been enhanced with optimised ‘rider triangle’ for different sized riders and a thicker seat design.
- Improved, more powerful headlights
- GYZ16 wet-type battery.
- Tank cover/side covers remove in one piece for easy engine access.
- Increased dash functionality.
- The 420cc engine’s fuel injection has been re-mapped for greater throttle control, power delivery and 10% increase in fuel efficiency.
- Automotive-style fuel pump and 100,000km fuel filter
|Type||Liquid-cooled single cylinder, 4-stroke, OHV pushrod and rocker arm|
|Bore ´ Stroke||86.5mm x 71.5mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.9 : 1|
|Max. Power Output||26.6 BHP @ 6250rpm|
|Max. Torque||24.6 lb/ft @ 5000rpm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||14.7L|
|Fuel Consumption||17.6 km/l|
|Ignition||Full transisterised Ignition|
|Starter||Electric and Recoil|
|Battery Capacity||12V 16Ah|
|ACG Output||416W @ 5,000 r/min|
|Clutch Type||Multiplate wet clutch|
|Transmission Type||5 speed + reverse|
|Type||Steel double cradle|
|Dimensions (L´W´H)||2103 x 1205 x 1174mm|
|Caster Angle||30kg / 60kg|
|Trail||14kg / 385kg|
|Turning Radius||2.8 m|
|Type Front||Double wishbone|
|Type Rear||Trailing type|
|Type Front||Tubeless (composite & steel press)|
|Type Rear||Tubeless (composite & steel press)|
|Rim Size Front||12 x 6.0|
|Rim Size Rear||11 x 7.5|
|Tyres Front||AT24 x 8-12|
|Tyres Rear||AT24 x 10-11|
|Type Front||Hydraulic disc|
|Type Rear||Mechanical drum|
|INSTRUMENTS & ELECTRICS|