A Honda TRX420FM is the ultimate work mate. Each is built with the quality, technology and reliability that only Honda can inject, and will last for years, providing unstoppable service in all conditions and weathers.
The Honda TRX420FM is the all-round ATV and Honda’s best seller. Its combination of class leading power, easy-to-manage size and affordability make it the perfect choice for all sorts of duty, and a variety of model variants – starting with a fast and agile 2wd base model – make finding the perfect Fourtrax a straightforward task.
For 2018, Honda has taken its do-everything ATV back to the drawing board, improving its performance, reliability and all-round ability with an all-new chassis and host of technical upgrades.
Honda TRX420FM Updates in brief
- Totally new frame, swingarm and longer travel front and rear suspension.
- Front and rear suspension adjustable for spring preload.
- Rear brake located inside rear wheel.
- Swingarm pivot rubber bushings
- Increased ACG output
- Plastic CV joint boots and sealed steering knuckle bearings.
- Redesigned bodywork maintains rider protection.
- Comfort has been enhanced with optimised ‘rider triangle’ for different sized riders and a thicker seat design.
- Improved, more powerful headlights
- GYZ16 wet-type battery.
- Tank cover/side covers remove in one piece for easy engine access.
- Increased dash functionality.
- The 420cc engine’s fuel injection has been re-mapped for greater throttle control, power delivery and 10% increase in fuel efficiency.
- Automotive-style fuel pump and 100,000km fuel filter
|Classification||Utility work ATV|
|Engine||420cc liquid cooled, wet-sump, longitudinally mounted OHV 4-stroke single cylinder|
|Carburation||Keihin® PGM-FI, throttle bore size 34mm, body fuel-injection system|
|Starter||Electric with auxiliary recoil|
|Transmission||Five forward gears with reverse, auto clutch with manual shift|
|Drive||4wd Direct drive-shafts, AP SuretracTM torque sensing limited-slip differential with switchable 2wd/4wd|
|Front Suspension||Independent double-wishbone 170mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||Swingarm with single shock 170mm travel|
|Front Brakes||190mm dual hydraulic discs|
|Rear Brake||160mm sealed mechanical drum|
|Front tyres||24 x 8-12|
|Rear tyres||24 x 10-11|
|Fuel Capacity (l)||14.7L, incl. 4.9L reserve.|
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||86.5 x 71.5|
|Dimensions – Length (mm)||2103|
|Dimensions – Width (mm)||1205|
|Dimensions – Height (mm)||1174|
|Seat Height (mm)||856|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||183|
|Towing Capacity (kg)||385|
|Front Rack Capacity (kg)||30|
|Rear Rack Capacity (kg)||60|